Automatic language translation
Our website uses an automatic service to translate our content into different languages. These translations should be used as a guide only. See our Accessibility page for further information.
Providing programs, employment and education to inmates is vital to reducing reoffending and supporting their reintegration into the community. This review examines the accessibility and availability of programs, work and education for inmates in NSW correctional centres.
A cross-section of minimum, medium and maximum security correctional centres located in both metropolitan and regional areas.
• Outer Metropolitan Multi-Purpose Correctional Centre (OMMPCC)
• South Coast Correctional Centre (South Coast CC)
• Bathurst Correctional Complex (Bathurst CC)
• Mid North Coast Correctional Centre (Mid North Coast CC)
• Broken Hill Correctional Centre (Broken Hill CC)
• Dawn De Loas Correctional Centre (Dawn De Loas CC)
• Metropolitan Special Programs Centre (MSPC) (specifically Violent Offender Therapeutic Program unit and Sex Offender Programs unit), and
• the Special Purpose Centre.
The Inspector made 26 recommendations. These included systemic and facility specific improvements in:
The Programs, Employment and Education Inspection report was tabled in NSW Parliament and published in February 2020.
The Programs, Employment and Education Inspection report (PDF , 4.7 MB)
11 May 2023
We acknowledge the traditional owners and custodians of the land on which we work and we pay respect to the Elders, past, present and future.